If you know it's what you're meant to do, don't mistake God saying "hold on a second" for Him saying "no". It feels like the same thing, but it's not. Everything can change in 6 months. Everything can change in a DAY!" - Sarah Buxton

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Gobble Gobble

It's almost Thanksgiving!! My parents are halfway here, Hubby is almost done with work and I am baking rolls! I so love this time of year. This is the first holiday we will be spending together as a married couple, and I can't wait! We have a very exciting weekend ahead of us, and I'm so excited to get to spend it with my parents and one of my best friends, who is coming to celebrate her second thanksgiving with us.

Last year, we hosted thanksgiving at the farmhouse where I used to live while working for Perdue in Salisbury, MD. We named it "A Very Ghetto Thanksgiving" because we didn't have much as far as cooking utensils and luxury items go. We ended up having a great time cramming about 15 people in our tiny house. We even deep fried the turkey (well my friend's boyfriend did) and it was the BEST turkey I've ever eaten! The food was amazing and it was so much fun, that we decided we just HAD to do something similar again this year.

Now that we are living in Blacksburg, we have the opportunity to go to the VT football game the Saturday after Thanksgiving. Last year we decided that, if possible, we wanted to tailgate Thanksgiving - so that is our plan. After the game, we are going to have everyone back here to deep fry a turkey and eat all the fixins. I can't wait.

My parents are on their way down right now (I just checked Google Latitude and they're in State Line, PA) and we have a busy weekend ahead of us. Tomorrow, we are eating a Thanksgiving lunch at the Inn at Virginia Tech. Friday, we are driving to Smith Mountain Lake and are looking at a few houses my parents are considering buying, we're then getting dinner at Château Morisette, a winery in Floyd. Saturday we are going to the game with my friend and her boyfriend who are visiting, and then we are having tailgate Thanksgiving!!!!!

I really love being around my friends and family and that is why I LOVE THANKSGIVING!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment