If you know it's what you're meant to do, don't mistake God saying "hold on a second" for Him saying "no". It feels like the same thing, but it's not. Everything can change in 6 months. Everything can change in a DAY!" - Sarah Buxton

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Nice Little Saturday

Well, every day is the "weekend" for me right now...really the only thing that is different about the weekend is that Hubby is home, which I love. It's pretty lonely to be by yourself most of the time, which isn't something I thought would be an issue when we decided that I would quit my job and we would move down here. Of course, right now I'm home alone because my husband decided to go golfing today, since it's probably one of the last days it will be nice enough to go. I'm trying to be supportive of it and let him have a little fun, but I'm still upset to be left here alone all day. To cheer myself up, I'm watching the best Christmas movie ever, The Holiday!

The past few days have been busy but entertaining. Friday, I got up at 8 and did p90x, which I have been doing daily since being unemployed. It's nice because it's quick and effective and free, but I do miss going to the gym. The town of Christiansburg has a rec center that is free to use if you are a resident, and I've signed up, but can't seem to get the courage to go! Something about going to a new gym for the first time is just so terrifying to me, but maybe I'll get to the point where I'll just go despite being scared, who knows.

Around 11 I got dressed up and went to drop off a job application at a building right across the street from where the Hubby works. We decided to get lunch together at Lefty's Main Street Grille in Blacksburg. It's one of my favorite places, and few undergraduates go there, so it's usually pretty quiet.

Friday night I made pasta with vodka sauce and then we went to see Harry Potter. My poor husband was sooo lost because he's never read the books and we didn't re-watch the last movie before seeing the new one, so I don't think he enjoyed the movie very much. I, however, did like it because I felt like it followed the book the best of all of the movies. I didn't like how it ended right where the book gets really exciting, but I guess it was the most logical place to break the story into two.

Saturday was mostly spent watching the VT vs Miami game at Bull and Bones with a few friends, after a delicious breakfast made by Hubby Himself. After watching the game, we went down to Sharkey's, our favorite bar, for celebratory "Townie Bombs". I don't know what is in this drink exactly, but it's sort of our group of friends "signature drink". I know theres Redbull, and maybe black raspberry vodka, I'n not really sure. Anyways it makes your heart beat fast, and I'm not the biggest fan, but the boys just HAD to do one. After Sharkey's, we went to a friend's house up the street for some drinks, beer pong and card games.

 I'm starting to get excited for Thanksgiving and seeing my parents!!!! Only 3 more days until they get here!

Anyways, this rambling post is plenty long, so I'll end here. Hope everyone who reads had a great weekend! Thanks for stopping by =)

1 comment:

  1. My recontamination for trying a new gym while you're unemployed. Go early afternoon. It'll be before lunch breakers so it'll be pretty empty. Beware though, the senior crowd also likes to work out at that time (I had a horrible trial at curves once) and they love to talk. Wear headphones and no one will bother you. However, this is coming from someone who never got over the fear of the weight room at War Mem.

    ReplyDelete